The International Workshop on e-Health in Emerging Economies (IWEEE) is an annual conference for Free (Freedom) Software in Healthcare and Social Medicine advocates. The workshop promotes Free Software as an effective and ethical solution to provide universality and equity in health care.
This year, the theme of IWEEE is "People before Patients". We will put the attention on health promotion and disease prevention. Share your government experiences and ideas, such as how your government is improving Public Health with Free Software, or personal health devices using open hardware.
- Friday 25th : Technical Sessions
- GNU Health - The Free Health and Hospital Information System
- Interoperability and standards
- Telemedicine and Free Hardware in Healthcare
- Workshops: GNU Health, Tryton, cryptography and digital signatures.
- Saturday 26th - 11:00 AM : Social Medicine Sessions
- Red Cross : Africa Cooperation Center
- GNU Solidario : Environmental factors of health and disease
- Medicins Sans Frontiers - MSF
- Richard Stallman Speech on "Free Software and Medicine"
- Round table
IWEEE brings together a multi-disciplinary team representing NGOs, Academia, Government and companies to share their experiences and to try to find ways to improve the lives of millions of human beings around the world. IWEEE focuses on the human factor and raising awareness about the current situation of societies.
There will not be parallel conferences. All delegates will be able to assist and participate in the workshops that they find of interest. Communication among delegates is key.
IWEEE is a non-profit event organized by GNU SOLIDARIO.
Looking forward to meeting you in Las Palmas !
Luis Falcon, MD